Tangerines are at the top of the list of citrus fruits that deserve to be part of our daily diet. They contain the highest amount of vitamin C, a large amount of vitamin D (which protects children from rickets), and vitamin K, which are so necessary for the elasticity of blood vessels. Vitamins in tangerine fruits are preserved with virtually no loss even during long-term storage. In addition, tangerines do not contain nitrates, as they are not compatible with citric acid, which is present in tangerines. Moreover, in medicine, tangerines are known as fruits that can be used as alternative medicines.
Useful properties of tangerines
- Fresh tangerines are useful for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, which are accompanied by disorders.
- Tangerine juice is a dietary and medicinal product useful for both children and adults.
- In case of colds and flu accompanied by high fever, tangerines, and tangerine juice quench thirst.
- Tangerines are used to treat asthma and bronchitis. Tangerines contain a high level of amino acids, including phenolic acid, which is an excellent remedy for edema.
- Eating tangerine peel soothes coughs and has an excellent expectorant effect.
- Tangerines stimulate appetite, just eat one tangerine.
- Tangerines not only increase appetite but also improve digestion.
- Tangerines are a dietary product that saturates the body with vitamins in winter.
- Tangerine is a kind of antidepressant. The essential oils present in tangerines improve mood.
- Eating tangerine peel helps to lower blood sugar levels.
- Due to their properties, tangerine phytoncides have an antimicrobial effect.
- Both tangerines and tangerine juice are effective against dysentery.
- Tangerines are used as a means to stop bleeding.
- Tangerines are also useful for skin diseases – fresh tangerine juice kills some fungi (ringworm, microsporidia). To cure skin and nails from fungi, you need to regularly wipe them with tangerine juice or peel them several times a day.
Tangerines are good for pregnancy
Tincture of tangerine peel will help in the first trimester when most pregnant women suffer from toxicosis. Tangerines are useful for the prevention of vitamin deficiency in the second half of pregnancy when expectant mothers often lack vitamin C. It should be remembered that citrus fruits can provoke allergies, so do not get carried away and do not eat more than 2-3 tangerines a day. Essential oils will help prevent the appearance of stretch marks on the growing tummy and give the skin elasticity. Tangerines are useful for pregnant women due to the choline they contain – this substance significantly reduces the likelihood of developing malformations and various birth defects in the child.
Harmful properties of tangerines
Tangerines are not recommended for gastritis with high acidity, gastric and duodenal ulcers, colitis, enteritis, cholecystitis, and acute nephritis, or hepatitis.
For many people, tangerines can be provocative of allergies and rashes on the face, and skin in general. Therefore, if you are prone to allergies, handle tangerines with caution.