- 200 g Beef fillet
- 200 g Pork tenderloin
- 30 ml Soy sauce light
- 10 g Honey liquid
- 2 g Five-spice powder
- 3 g Rice or potato starch
- 3 g Baking powder
- 150 g Jasmine rice
- 300 ml Water hot
- 200 g Cucumber
- 50 g Red peppers
- 1 very big Red peppers
- 50 g Roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 tbsp Chilli flakes
- 3 g Black cumin (black sesame)
- 20 ml Rice or white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp Mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 8 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- Salt, pepper, sugar
- 2 Eggs, size L
- 3 tsp Toasted sesame seeds
Sweet chili sauce:
- First of all: Since it is a very small amount that does not tear a hole in the household budget in terms of price, I intentionally used high-quality meat. This guarantees that it is really tender even though it is only briefly spicy grilling / roasting.
- Cut both types of meat into 3 - 3.5 cm cubes. Mix a marinade from all the other ingredients, divide it into 2 bowls, add the cubes separately from each other and mix well with it. (separated because after marinating you can no longer distinguish them from each other and skewer them alternately) Since there is deliberately very little marinade, please turn the cubes in it every now and then while you are pulling through. It should marinate for at least 4 hours. But it doesn't matter if you prepare it in the morning and in the evening. The longer, the more tender the meat becomes and it can optimally take on the typical Asian taste.
- Put the rice in a sieve and rinse it under cold running water until it runs out of the bottom clear. Meanwhile, heat the 300 ml of water with salt in a larger saucepan, add the rinsed rice, let it boil briefly, then turn the heat down 2/3 and let it simmer gently for 10 minutes with the saucepan closed (but never stir! Small steam holes must have formed). Then wrap the closed pot in kitchen towels and put it in bed for another 10 minutes to swell. So the jasmine rice succeeds even without a rice cooker ... ;-)) After swelling, pour the rice into a bowl to cool and mix it with 2 tablespoons of peanut oil. So they don't stick to each other.
- While the rice is swelling and then cooling, wash the cucumber, do not peel it, scrape the seeds out to the flesh and cut the hollowed out cucumber into thin crescents. Put the scraped inside of the cucumber in a higher container (it will be used). Wash and core the peppers and cut into smaller cubes. Wash the peppers, halve lengthways, remove the core, first cut into fine strips and then into very small cubes. Then fold everything into the rice along with peanuts, chilli flakes and black cumin.
- Add rice / white wine vinegar, mirin, 6 tablespoons of peanut and sesame oil to the inside of the cucumber in the tall vessel, mix everything with the Strab mixer to a marinade and mix it with the rice salad. Then try it first and - if necessary - season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. The salad should also soak for at least 4 hours. Afterwards, however, it is recommended to season again, as the rice absorbs a lot. So for the "fine tuning" before serving, if necessary, carefully season again with everything - and if it has absorbed too much moisture, make it smoother with mirin, oil and a little vinegar. But even that only if absolutely necessary and then little. When the taste of the salad is right, whisk the two eggs, fry them in a pan to form a slightly crumbly scrambled egg and fold into the salad.
- Prepare 4 - 6 metal or wooden skewers for the skewers. However, moisten wooden skewers a little beforehand. Then always spear the cubes (alternating beef / pork). We only had 4 very large skewers, but it is enough for 6 "normal" skewers. Then - if available - brush a grill pan (otherwise a larger, normal one) very thinly with peanut oil, heat to the maximum and fry the cubes on the skewers for 1.5 minutes each (maximum 2 minutes) on all 4 sides. However, reduce the heat a little while grilling / roasting.
- During this time, arrange the salad (tried again and possibly seasoned) together with the sweet chili sauce on a plate, then just add the skewers and sprinkle some toasted sesame over everything ...... ...............Finished. ...... So the final preparation including skewering, grilling and serving takes a maximum of 20 minutes.
- For everyone who would like to make the sweet chili sauce themselves (which, by the way, is very "easy"), here is the link: Sweet chili sauce