Ingredients for the Baby Bear Pumpkin Marble Cake recipe
With its slightly sweet taste, the pumpkin is great for baking. The Moist Pumpkin Marble Cake is the perfect homemade birthday gift for friends. For a loaf pan you need the following ingredients:
- 220 g wheat flour (or gluten-free flour), 200 g brown sugar, 3 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, 120 ml rapeseed oil, 60 ml orange juice, 1 egg, or an egg substitute of your choice
- 340 g pumpkin puree: To do this, peel the baby bear pumpkin, cut it into small cubes and cook in a saucepan until soft. Then puree everything.
- For the chocolate dough, you also need: 2-3 tablespoons of baking cocoa powder and 4 tablespoons of hot coffee
This is how the preparation of the Baby Bear Pumpkin Marble Cake succeeds
First, preheat the oven to 175 degrees top and bottom heat, and grease the loaf tin with a little margarine.
- First mix the dry ingredients, except for the sugar, in a bowl.
- Then, in another bowl, beat the pumpkin puree with the oil, sugar, orange juice, and egg until fluffy.
- Now pour the pumpkin mass into the dry ingredients and mix everything briefly to form a relatively thick dough. If the batter is too stiff, add a little more orange juice.
- Now put half of the batter in another mixing bowl and stir in the cocoa powder and coffee.
- Next, pour half of the pumpkin batter into the greased baking pan. Using a spoon, scoop half of the chocolate batter over the other batter in dabs. Repeat the process for the rest of the dough.
- Finally, draw small circles through the dough with a fork to get the typical marble pattern. Make sure the dough surface remains even and smooth.
- Bake the cake for about 60 minutes. Just before the end of the baking time, stick a toothpick into the cake; if it comes out almost clean, the cake is done.
- Wait 20 minutes before removing the cake from the pan and allowing it to cool completely before slicing. If you want it even more chocolaty, you can garnish the cake with a chocolate sauce and chocolate shavings.
- Enjoy your meal!