Emoji Cookies: You need these ingredients
Whether WhatsApp, Facebook, or Snapchat – nowadays nothing works without emojis. But the colorful smileys are not only a hit online. Spice up your biscuits with our recipe. You need the following ingredients to bake emoji cookies:
- 750 grams of flour
- 500 grams of butter
- 250g powdered sugar
- 1 pack of baking powder
- 3 yolks – the egg white is not needed.
- 1 pinch of salt
- For the icing of the emoji biscuits, you also need 250g powdered sugar, lemon juice, yellow food coloring, and sugar writing.
- You will also need cookie cutters. Round cutters will do for most emojis, but if you want to bake other emoji cookies, you can find special cookie cutters, stamps, or silicone molds like these smileys. This guarantees great emojis.
Once you have the necessary ingredients ready, all you have to do now is start baking. Just follow our recipe:
- The cookies are regular butter cookies, so you don’t have to do anything special, to begin with. Simply mix the ingredients for the dough into a kneadable dough. Then chill it for about an hour by wrapping it in cling film and putting it in the fridge.
- Then roll out the dough on a floured surface and use round cookie cutters to make round smileys.
- Now place the cut-out biscuits on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. The oven should be preheated to around 180°C. Then bake the emoji cookies for about 10 minutes.
- Make the frosting while the cookies are in the oven. To do this, mix 250 g of icing sugar with a little lemon juice and make sure that the mixture does not become too runny, as you still have to stir in the yellow food coloring. Gel colors are recommended here, as they cover a lot and are not too liquid – but you can of course also use powder or liquid food coloring.
- Allow the cookies to cool after baking.