Baking banana bread yourself has become a trend – and rightly so because it’s not only delicious but also healthy. It’s really easy with this recipe.
Banana bread is similar to a cake but much healthier. In addition, thanks to the many carbohydrates, it is also a real source of energy. With this recipe, it is very easy to bake banana bread yourself.
How healthy is homemade banana bread?
Banana bread isn’t just healthy, they’re packed with minerals and nutrients. But that’s not all. The bread has a health-promoting effect, because due to the high banana content, and thus the rich supply of potassium, it can counteract the risk of heart disease. Banana bread can also help you lose weight. The reason for this is the rapid onset of saturation and the slowing down of digestion by so-called pectins, these fibers swell up in the intestine.
Bake banana bread yourself: the recipe
The super moist banana bread can be baked at home without much effort. In addition, the recipe can be customized according to your preferences. Simply add the desired finishing touches, such as raisins or pecans.
These ingredients are required:
- 100g walnut kernel halves
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 250 g flour
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 175g brown sugar
- 2 eggs (size M)
- 100ml oil
- 100ml buttermilk
- powdered sugar
- fat and flour
Preparation of the banana bread:
- Roughly chop the nuts. Mash the bananas with the fork. Mix flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Gradually add the bananas, sugar, eggs, oil, and buttermilk and mix with the whisk on the hand mixer to form a smooth batter.
- Stir in nuts.
- Grease a loaf tin (approx. 11 cm x 30 cm) and dust with flour.
- Pour the batter into the mold and smooth it out. Bake in the preheated oven (electric stove: 175 °C/ circulating air: 150 °C/ gas: see manufacturer) for 50-55 minutes (test with a stick).
- Take the banana bread out of the oven, let it cool down, and turn it out after about 20 minutes. Let the cake cool on a wire rack. Optionally dust with powdered sugar.
Whether Sunday breakfast with the family, as a small snack, or for dinner – the homemade banana bread always fits. In addition, you can feast without a guilty conscience, because this banana bread variant is also healthy.