- 2 Shallots, roughly diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, sliced
- 500 ml Pureed tomatoes
- 1 Orange, zest and juice
- Black pepper from the mill
- Dried oregano
- 150 g Common wheat
- 1 tbsp Raw cane sugar
- Olive oil
Minced meat dough
- 500 g Ground beef
- 2 slices Whole grain toast
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 150 g Goat feta
- 100 g Herbal oils
- 100 g Sun-Dried tomatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 100 g Freshly grated old Gouda cheese
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the shallots and garlic until translucent and then pour the sugar over it and also a pinch of cinnamon, caramelize a bit and deglaze with the pureed tomatoes and orange juice, bring to the boil and then open the stove Set the lowest temperature.
- Now season with salt and pepper and oregano. And now let everything simmer on the lowest heat and with the lid closed for about 2 hours (do not boil). It should be two hours, the longer such a sauce draws, the fuller and rounder the taste becomes.
- 12 minutes before serving, add the soft wheat, which then swells perfectly in the tomato stock. Stir every now and then. Season again to taste before serving and fold in the orange zest.
Minced meat dough
- Crumble the two whole grain toast slices into a bowl, add the minced meat, egg, mustard and salt and pepper and work into a homogeneous dough.
- Crumble the goat cheese into a bowl. Put the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic in a blender and finely chop, then add this mixture to the crumbled goat feta and mix well.
Assembly and finish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place a long piece of aluminum foil on the worktop and brush it lightly with olive oil. Now spread the minced meat dough onto it to form an oblong rectangle. Now distribute the filling on the minced meat dough, leaving 2 cm free on all sides.
- Now roll up the minced meat dough piece by piece with the aluminum foil with real pressure like a vortex. Then close the sides and wrap the strudel dough tightly in aluminum foil, place in an ovenproof dish and bake on the middle rack for 40 minutes.
- Then take out the strudel, open the aluminum foil from above, pull aside a little. Put the grated Gouda cheese on the strudel and then again for approx. Put it in the oven for 15 minutes. Increase the temperature to approx. 200 - 220 degrees.
- To serve, cut the strudel into slices, arrange them on a plate and add the tomato wheat.