For the beef:
- 1 kg Beef fillet
For the cheeseless potato gratin:
- 1,5 kg Potato
- 500 ml Milk
- 500 ml Cream
- 100 ml Vegetable stock
- 1 Pc. Clove of garlic
For the carrot puree:
- 300 g Carrot
- 100 g Parsnip fresh
- 30 g Butter
For the jus:
- 1 bunch Soup vegetables
- 1 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 bottle Red wine
- 0,5 bottle Port wine
- 2 Pc. Bay leaf
- 5 Pc. Juniper berries
- 1 Pc. Cloves
- 1 tbsp Butter
- For the jus, cut the soup vegetables into small pieces and brown them lightly in a large saucepan over medium heat. After 4-5 minutes add the tomato paste and mix in.
- Then put the wine in the saucepan and let it boil with the bay leaves, juniper and clove over low heat with the lid closed.
- After 3-4 hours the taste has migrated from the vegetables to the wine and the sauce can be passed through. Now reduce to the desired consistency and assemble again with a flake of butter shortly before serving.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into a bowl as finely as possible. Mix the milk, cream and stock with the spices and press in the garlic. Now layer the potatoes in a baking dish and lightly pour the liquid over them every 2-3 rounds.
- The potatoes should swim very lightly in the milk-cream mixture, as these absorb a lot of liquid when cooked. Put the whole thing in the oven for 60 minutes at 175 ° C on the middle rack.
The mashed potatoes:
- For the carrot puree, peel the carrots and parsnips and cut into small cubes. Cook the carrots and parsnips in lightly salted water for 30 minutes until they are thoroughly soft.
- Puree together with three tablespoons of the cooking water, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a blender for 3-4 minutes until creamy.
The beef fillet:
- Portion the beef fillet and vacuum seal with a little butter and rosemary. Then place in a water bath at 56.8 ° C for at least 2 hours. Before serving, sauté in a very hot pan, seasoning with salt and pepper, a piece of butter, a clove of garlic and a sprig of rosemary.
- Leave in the pan for 30-40 seconds on each side and always pour a little butter from the pan over each side. Arrange everything on a preheated plate and, if necessary, decorate with fresh herbs, small carrots or blanched Brussels sprouts.
Serving: 100gCalories: 110kcalCarbohydrates: 7.4gProtein: 6.8gFat: 5.8g