for the salad
- 3 Piece Medium beetroot
- 300 g Green beans, possibly a little more
- 1 Piece Bigger red onion
- 1,5 tbsp Pumpkin seeds, more to taste
- 1,5 tbsp Cashew nuts, more to taste
- Parsley for decoration
for the dressing
- 3 tbsp Walnut oil
- 2 tbsp Mango vinegar or balm
- 2 tbsp Strong vegetable broth possibly 3 tbsp
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Liquid honey, possibly a little more
- Salt and pepper, amount to your own taste
- Cook beetroot. I prefer the cooking method in the oven so that all the flavor is retained and does not disappear in the salted water. (180 ° hot air approx. 1 hour, do a cooking test with a fork. Let it cool down a bit, then you can easily peel off the skin) However, with this variant you have to add a little more salt to the salad because the beetroot is completely without salt were cooked. If you want it to be quick, you can of course also use pre-cooked ones. Cut the beetroot into 1 cm cubes.
- Wash the green beans, clean them and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Cook in salted water for about 6-7 minutes. Drain and quench to keep their color. Peel onion and chop finely.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds and cashew nuts in a pan without fat.
- Mix the salt, pepper, mustard, honey and vegetable stock together well. Finally, beat in the mango vinegar and walnut oil.
- Add beetroot, beans and onions to the vinaigrette and mix everything well. Let it steep for at least 1 hour. Season again to taste.
- Arrange on plates and serve sprinkled with the roasted seeds and parsley. As a side salad, the amount is enough for 4 people. To eat only for 2
- Goes very well with sauerbraten or game dishes. Or just like that. Really tasty.