- 60 g Yeast
- 300 g Water cold
- 300 g Wholemeal rye flour
- 1 Pc. Fresh yeast grain of rice (0.1 gr.)
- 100 g Water cold
- 100 g Ruch flour or wheat flour type 1050
- 400 g Wholemeal rye flour
- 200 g Ruch flour or wheat flour type 1050
- 6 g Yeast fresh
- 250 g Lukewarm water
- Poolish and sourdough approach
- 15 g Baking malt inactive
- 30 g Water
- 15 g Salt
- 30 g Cold pressed cooking oil
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
Sourdough preparation (duration: approx. 10 min .; day 1)
- Dissolve the topping in the water and mix with the flour. Let stand in a container with a lid at room temperature until the amount has at least doubled and bubbles can be seen on the surface. I left the sourdough mixture at a room temperature of around 20 ° C for 48 hours.
Pre-dough (duration: approx. 5 min .; day 2)
- Dissolve the rice grain-sized piece of yeast in the water and mix with the flour to form a liquid pre-dough (poolish). Let stand in a vessel with a lid for 24 hours at room temperature
Autolysis dough (duration: approx. 15 min .; day 3)
- Mix the malt, yeast and water in a bowl. Add the sourdough mixture and poolish and mix. Weigh the types of flour and stir with a mixing spoon. Let the dough mature for 1.5 hours at room temperature or for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
Main dough (duration: approx. 30 min .; day 3 or 4)
- Mix the salt with the water and dissolve in it. Add to the autolysis dough with the oil and knead in. Knead the dough on the floured work surface for about 5 minutes until it is smooth. Then let rise for 3 - 4 hours at room temperature.
- Shape the dough into a loaf and place in a proofing pan. He should spend at least 1 hour covered there. If the dough gets small cracks then it is correct.
Baking (baking time 60 min; working time approx. 20 min)
- Preheat the oven to 250 ° C. If a baking stone is used for at least 45 minutes. Turn the dough out of the proofing basket onto a baking sheet with parchment paper or onto the baking stone. Remove excess flour, cut into it and brush with the olive oil. Bake the bread for 10 minutes with a lot of steam. Then reduce the heat to 210 ° C and bake for another 45 - 50 minutes. Take out of the oven and brush or spray with water.
- Breads with a high proportion of sourdough are allowed to ripen for a day before they are cut. Then they taste even better. Most of the time I just can't do it! 🙂
- A mixed bread with a rustic crust is usually called country bread or farmer's bread. Even a little internet research did not produce a uniform definition. Since a bread from Berlin and with the city in the name can hardly be called LANDbrot, I called it instead-Landbrot or Stadt-Landbrot.