Garlic is a natural antibiotic. Due to its antiseptic action, it is widely used not only in cooking but also in medicine. However, it is important to remember that ignoring some rules regarding garlic consumption can lead to serious consequences.
What you can not eat with garlic – you need to remember
To avoid unwanted consequences when eating garlic, remember these three simple rules:
- Don’t wash garlic down with milk, it can cause an upset stomach.
- Do not eat fruit immediately after consuming garlic, it can cause fermentation in the stomach.
- Do not mix garlic with fresh tomatoes, such a combination threatens heartburn and flatulence.
- By following these tips, you can eliminate the negative effects of garlic on the stomach.
Who categorically can not eat garlic – what is important to know
As we have already written, garlic is really useful and can help you recover faster, but there are those for whom it is forbidden or undesirable to eat it. These include:
- children under the age of two;
- Pregnant and nursing mothers;
- People who have peptic ulcers, liver disease (such as hepatitis), epilepsy, asthma, low blood pressure, or gallbladder problems.
Also, remember that garlic can be dangerous even for a perfectly healthy person if consumed in excessive amounts.
How to Eat Garlic Properly – Valuable Advice
It is very easy to remember the fact that garlic quickly loses its main useful properties when heat treated. In addition, there will be no benefit from it if it is consumed in its whole form.
So, in order to “recharge” garlic properly, add it to food in its raw, chopped form.