In order to dye your hair beautifully at home, you don’t have to go to a salon. Moreover, during the war many women have no such possibility – neither financially nor physically.
Remember that if there are wounds, abrasions, or other injuries on the head, you can’t dye your hair. Also, the coloring should be postponed for two weeks, if you had a perm, or at least two months if you dyed henna. It is better to dye dirty hair – it is better to dye it.
What you need for hair dyeing
Before dying, prepare all the necessary tools.
- Hair dye. One pack is enough for short hair, for shoulder-length and longer hair – at least 2 packs.
- Comb with fine teeth.
- A brush to apply the dye (you can replace an unnecessary toothbrush).
- Glass or plastic mixing bowl (but not iron).
- Plastic clips or hair clips.
- Greasy skin cream.
How to dye hair at home: step-by-step instructions
- If you are dyeing a certain brand of dye for the first time, test for allergies. Apply a drop of dye and oxidant to your skin and leave for 15 minutes. If there is no redness or itching on the skin, you can start dyeing.
- Apply a fat cream on the forehead, ears, and the skin under the hairline, so that these areas will not be stained.
- Prepare the dye, following the instructions in the package. Most often this involves mixing the dye with an oxidant and letting it sit for 5 minutes. Do not deviate from the instructions.
- If your hair has been colored before, first you need to apply the paint with a brush to the grown roots all over the hair. Start at the forehead, work up to the temples, and end at the nape of the neck.
- Dye the rest of the hair. To do this, take a thin strand of hair, apply the dye along the entire length of the hair, and flip the strand to the top of the head so that it does not interfere. You can also fasten the strand on the top of the head with a barrette.
- Start coloring from the left or right side of the head. First color all the top strands and then the hair at the back of the head.
- Spread the rest of the dye over the entire length of the hair. Do not leave the dye “for later” – it cannot be reused.
- Put the dyed hair into a bun. Do not need to cover your head with a bag, this dries the hair. Rinse the dye after the specified time. Do not hold the dye longer than necessary. This is seriously damaging to the hair.
- Rinse the dye from your hair and shampoo your hair. It is better to dry your hair not with a hair dryer, but naturally.