The shirt has long ceased to be an element of the classic closet – now it is worn not only under a suit but also combined with jeans or shorts. For the shirt to successfully complement the image and for you always look great, you need to know how to iron it correctly.
In what order you should iron your shirt – step by step instructions
The skill of properly ironing shirts is essential to ensure you have a presentable closet item, even if you don’t have time for it. If you want to learn how to iron a shirt quickly and well in all conditions, follow our instructions:
- iron the inside and outside of the collar first;
- then go down the back, ironing the shirt all the way to the back;
- move on to the cuffs, paying careful attention to them;
- iron the shoulders; if there is a small ironing board, use it;
- from the shoulders go down the shirt, ironing the area on the chest and between the buttons.
For a shorter ironing process and to get the results you want the first time, spray your shirt with a clean water sprayer. Dry shirts iron worse and wrinkle faster.
Useful tip: If you’re in a hurry, put foil between your shirt and the board – it will reflect the steam off the iron and make ironing go faster.