Insects in the bathroom are a common problem, which, although not critical, is very unpleasant for humans. The parasites are not lethal, but they look repulsive and are also carriers of infections.
How to get rid of millipedes in the bathroom – common woodlice
The first type of parasite that you can find in the bathroom is woodlice. It comes only to those rooms where there are problems with ventilation and cleanliness. That is, the culprit of such uninvited guests is always considered a person who lives with a broken duct and does not comply with the norms of hygiene in the bathroom.
A woodlouse is a fast insect, so it is unlikely that you can catch it on your own. The arthropod feeds on garbage, waste, and even indoor flowers – not dangerous for humans, but still unpleasant.
You can get rid of the insect with folk methods:
- 0.5 l. of boiling water, 100 g of dry kvass stir, pour into a sprayer, and spray in the places where you found the woodlice;
- Mix 0.5 liters of water, 0.5 teaspoons of any tobacco, 0.5 teaspoons of red pepper, and 0.5 teaspoons of calcined soda, pour it into a sprayer, and spray all the corners of the room.
- If you have chosen the second method, after 7-8 hours you should wash the bathroom with any detergent – this is an additional preventive measure against small insects.
How to get rid of the scale in the bathroom – the second type of pest
The scale worm is a small silver-colored parasite that may also want to live in your home. For humans, it is not dangerous as well as biting midge, but the scale lurks with starch, which means – wallpaper, books, and any other interior objects, which contain this substance. It is necessary to get rid of the silverfish as a matter of urgency, as it can cause considerable damage to the repair of the dwelling.
Experienced hostesses recommend the same remedies that help against woodlice (we described them above). In addition, you can pour table salt or boric acid powder into the corners of the bathroom. When the remedy becomes wet – you need to collect it and wash the floors, corners, and baseboards with a chlorine-containing detergent.
What to do to keep insects out of the bathroom
There are a few rules that will help you not to face the problem of pests in the bathroom at all. In order to prevent the problem and then not have to deal with it, follow the instructions:
- Do not dry wet towels in the bathroom;
- Check to see if the exhaust hood is working properly, and if not, fix it;
- wipe the bathroom floor dry after “bath time;
- Open the doors to the room to allow air to circulate;
- Prevent mold and dampness in the bathroom.
It is also recommended to wash the bathroom, floors, walls, and corners regularly with bleach – insects like neither the smell nor the chemical composition of such a product.