Terry towels when you buy them are happy with their softness, but because of regular use, they can become hard and unpleasant to the body.
How to wash towels correctly in an automatic machine – rules and tips
In order to keep your towels soft or bring them back, you need to be aware of a few essential secrets:
- use only liquid detergents;
- wash your towels at 40-60°C;
- dry towels outdoors, but out of direct sunlight;
- If you want to wash old stains, pre-soak the towels for a few hours.
Also found out the main reasons why terry’s towels get rough:
- Washing with powder, which makes the terry dry and prickly;
- Ironing towels with an iron;
- Not using enough water;
- Drying towels on radiators or in the open sun;
- Twisting towels.
Water that is too hard can also cause your towels to become coarse. To soften it up a bit, add conditioner or 1 tbsp of baking soda during the wash.
How to wash terry towels by hand – a guide for hostesses
If you need to wash terry towels, and you can’t use a machine, follow the instructions:
- Pour warm water into a basin and add laundry gel;
- add vinegar – 0.2 ml for every 10 liters of water;
- Soak towels for one hour, then wash and rinse.
Dry the towels in the semi-shade and in a well-ventilated place.
If your towels are too washed or dirty, they can be resuscitated using “grandma’s” methods:
- Apply dishwashing detergent to the stains and leave them for 4 to 5 hours;
- Soak in vinegar water – add 2 tablespoons of 9% vinegar to 3 liters of clean water.
After the soaking, you must wash and rinse the towels. It is better to do it in water with the addition of 1-2 tsp of ammonia, then the terry will be soft and pleasant to the touch.