In times of war, it is especially important to make such supplies. To make canned food tasty and healthy, it is better to prepare it from seasonal products.
What to make for the winter in September: a list of seasonal products
- In September, apples ripen in the gardens. For long-term storage, such early fruits are not suitable, but canning from them turns out great. You can make apple jams, competes, and juice.
- In the garden picked the last of the summer vegetables. You can close the salad and vegetable assortment for the winter.
- Ripening melons and watermelons in September are the sweetest and juiciest. From the melon made jams and jam, and watermelon for the winter can be both sweet and salty.
- As in August, continue to close the zucchini in pieces or whole. Also in September, delicious zucchini caviar and an unusual dessert – zucchini jam – are prepared.
- Eggplant is another seasonal vegetable in September. It can be canned in pieces or prepared as savory snacks from eggplant for the winter.
- In the first month of autumn, abound with mushrooms. Close mushrooms for the winter are recommended only to experienced mushroom pickers, otherwise, you can accidentally get poisonous mushrooms.
- At the beginning of autumn, you can make preserves of sweet and hot peppers. We recommend making a delicious echo for the winter.
- Beans are harvested in vegetable gardens in early autumn. Fans of legumes can prepare beans in tomatoes for the winter.
- In September, beets are harvested. This vegetable is used to make homemade dressing for borscht for the winter.
- Since mid-September ripetoblepicha-very useful and tasty berry. It is used to make jams, competes, and jams.
- Another seasonal berry of September – is cranberry. The taste of cranberry preserves is rather tart and with a slight bitterness, but very useful.