Almost everyone has faced the problem of fogging the mirror in the bathroom. Especially it creates discomfort when after the shower you need to do some more cosmetic procedures, and instead of your reflection, you see solid condensation. However, this problem can be easily eliminated by inexpensive means.
Nowadays the manufacturers of mirrors have learned to avoid this problem by installing a mechanism against fogging in the mirrors for bathrooms. Such models are quite common but have their own nuances. Meanwhile, almost all of us still use regular mirrors.
Why does the mirror fog up?
High humidity prevails in the bathroom, especially after taking a shower or bath. Vapor forms in the air, which settles as condensation on the surface of a cold mirror. This is the main reason why the bathroom mirror sweats.
It is not only about comfort, but also about the gradual deterioration of the mirror surface. If the bathroom mirror constantly sweats, the amalgam will be damaged and spoil its esthetic appearance.
How to protect the mirror in the bathroom from moisture – tips and tricks
Probably, each of us at least once wondered what we need to do not to sweat the mirror in the bathroom. Let’s take a look at a few of the tips.
- Ventilation. Provide intensive air flow in the bathroom so that the excess moisture will not accumulate on the surface of the mirror, but will go out into the ventilation. Don’t forget that the vent needs to be cleaned for the best performance.
- Glycerin. Most of our moms know how to rub glycerin on the mirror. To do this, add a few teaspoons of glycerin to water and then wipe the mirror with this solution. No condensation will form on the surface.
- Shaving foam. This tiphack is the first thing that women remember when thinking about how to treat the mirror in the bathroom so that it does not fog up. Wipe the mirror with a small amount of shaving foam. The effect will last about two weeks.
- Shampoo. This trick is similar to the previous tiphack. Try covering your bathroom mirror with a drop of shampoo. It will protect the mirror from fogging for a while.
- Remedy against fogging mirrors in the bathroom. You can buy a special spray in a household chemicals store or in car stores.
Remember that excessive moisture can damage the mirror, ruining its appearance. Wipe it often and ventilate the bathroom.