Tomato juice is harvested for the winter as often as any other canned food. Even after canning it remains useful – it helps to improve the cardiovascular system and normalize blood pressure.
How to make tomato juice in a blender – Recipe
- tomatoes – 3 kg;
- salt, sugar, spices – to taste.
Tomatoes are washed, sorted, cut crosswise, and put in a deep container. Pour boiling water, leave for 1-2 minutes, then pour hot water out and rinse tomatoes in cold water.
Peel the tomatoes from the skin, remove the stalks, cut them into large chunks, and put them in a blender bowl. Grind until smooth, and strain through a sieve or gauze folded in several layers.
The resulting tomato juice pours into a pot, bringing it to a boil, and adding spices and sugar. Cook for 15-20 minutes, then pour into jars and seal with lids.
If you do not have a blender, you can make tomato juice through a meat grinder – the sequence of actions will be the same with one difference – you will need to grind and boil tomato juice not once but twice.
How to make tomato juice without a juicer and meat grinder – a tiphack
Our grandmothers knew how to make tomato juice without using any technique at all. We suggest you learn their technique, so you can have this option just in case:
- Pick the tomatoes, wash them;
- cut into pieces and put them in an enamel saucepan;
- Bring to a boil, during boiling, stir occasionally;
- The resulting mixture to rub through a sieve and squeeze;
- put tomato juice on fire, and bring to a boil;
- After boiling add sugar, salt, and spices;
- Cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes pour into jars and seal.
This simple way of making tomato juice will bail you out, even if you do not have any technique at hand.