House plants give any room a more aesthetic appearance, in addition, with the help of fresh flowers you can create additional comfort in the apartment. A large number of plants is a guarantee of well-being and mood, but only if they are properly cared for.
Leaf fading of houseplants – causes
Florists say that live flowers in pots can die for several reasons:
- temperature fluctuations – for most plants, the comfortable temperature varies in the range of 18-26 ° C, if it is higher or lower, the flower can wilt;
- Incorrect watering – the frequency of watering depends on the amount of light the flowers receive, temperature, humidity, and other factors, so the soil should always be checked;
- insufficient or excessive watering – if you water too intensively, the plant will die, as well as in too dry soil, so touch the soil in the pot with your finger to understand its moisture level;
- watering in one place – flowers should be watered evenly over the entire surface of the soil, and until the water starts to flow from the drainage holes so that the entire root system gets the necessary amount of moisture;
- lack of fertilizers – living plants need fertilizers, so buy in specialized stores fertilizer that your flower needs;
- pests – house flowers, as well as garden flowers, must be protected from insects, otherwise, this “neighborhood” will lead to the death of culture;
- unsuitable soil – different types of plants prefer different types of soil, this should be taken into account when buying flowers;
- unfavorable location – some flowers need more sun, others – shade, so before you bring the plant home, familiarize yourself with its requirements;
- No drainage hole – drainage is necessary for the flower to provide ventilation and monitor watering levels, and an alternative in the form of pebbles or pieces of brick is not suitable.
When caring for a plant, you should read a lot of information about it so you know what conditions it needs. Many people ignore even the change of season – in winter, as a rule, flowers need less water and fertilizer because the plants are dormant.
Knowing about the main causes of wilting flowers, you will be able to keep all your favorite crops and take care of them properly.
The withering of indoor flowers – omens and superstitions
In addition to scientific reasons, there are also esoteric ones – according to folk beliefs, flowers in the house can warn the owners of danger. Check out the list below to see if there is a cloud of trouble hanging over your family:
- Frequent scandals and swearing – flowers “absorb” any energy, so if you’re constantly in conflict at home, the plants will begin to die;
- spoilage and evil eye – our ancestors believed that plants can take away negative energy, so if the flower in the pot wilted – you were saved from serious problems;
- Sickness and misfortune – the withering of indoor flowers can mean that the owner of the house will soon fall ill or lose money.
By the way, some flowers should not be kept in living rooms at all. Calla lilies are one of these, as they have a sad energy and can bring depression to a person. Ivy, like any climbing plant, restrains the owner of the house on his hands and feet, preventing him to develop in life. Since ancient times it is believed that ivy is especially dangerous for girls – as long as you have it in your apartment, you will not get married.