Raspberry leaf tea is a very healthy for the body and absolutely free drink. The benefits of raspberries are well known to everyone, but this plant is valuable not only berries. Many people leave raspberry leaves on bushes, not suspecting their usefulness.
How to make tea from raspberry leaves
To make tea, select small and delicate leaves. It is better to take leaves that grow in the shade or under dense branches – they are more fragrant. Spread the leaves in a sunny place for 1-2 days so that they slightly dry out.
Pour hot (60-80 degrees) water over the leaves and infuse the tea for 15 minutes. Add honey or sugar to taste. The leaves can be dried for the winter but spread in a shady place, not under the sun.
You can also make fermented tea from raspberry leaves – it has even more useful substances. To make it, grind the leaves into a pulp with a meat grinder or mortar, and put it in a bowl. Cover the top with a saucer and a damp towel. Put a weight, such as a jar of water, on the saucer. Let it sit for 24 hours. Then dry the leaves in the sun or oven.
What is Raspberry Leaf Tea Good for?
This healing drink is useful for colds, sore throats, and other upper respiratory diseases. It soothes pain, relieves fever, and fights infection. Flavonoids in the leaves are useful for the cardiovascular system, they strengthen blood vessels and prevent the appearance of plaques.
Due to the high content of tannins, tea is very useful for any diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and metabolism. The benefits of raspberry leaf tea for the nervous system lie in its calming and sleeping properties.
Pregnant women are advised to drink raspberry leaf tea before giving birth only when it is cold. The drink prepares the uterus for labor, reduces pain during contractions, and facilitates the birthing process itself. However, during pregnancy, you can drink such a tea not earlier than 36 weeks.
Tea from raspberry leaves: harm and contraindications
- Tea from raspberry leaves should not be drunk by pregnant women in the early and middle term. Nursing women can drink it if they are sure that the baby is not allergic to raspberries.
- This tea has a lot of organic acids, so it is not recommended for ulcers and heartburn.
- Chronic constipation is a strict contraindication because the drink has fixed its properties.
- You should not drink such tea with asthma.
- Such tea contains a lot of aspirin. It should not be drunk by people who take this medicine so that there is no overdose.