- 200 g Rye flour type 1150
- 200 g Whey
- 10 g Sourdough approach
- 150 g Wholemeal spelt flour
- 400 g Boiling water
- Anstellgut sourdough
- 650 g Spelt flour, type 1050
- 150 g Whey
- 25 g Whey
- 20 g Sea salt
Items to be placed (at least 24 hours)
- Whey is produced in (fresh) cheese production and I don't throw it away. Add the sourdough mixture and the flour to the whey (alternatively: water). Mix well. The items should be left to ferment for at least 24 hours. Differences in dough maturity arise from the room temperature. I assume that most of them don't have a proofer with a constant 25 ° C. A swim test can be used to determine whether the dough is ripe (see pictures). Put a small piece of dough in a glass of water. When it swims, the sourdough is ripe. When it comes to diving, he still needs time.
Breakfast (6 - 24 hours)
- Since I didn't know how whey behaves when you boil it, I decided not to use it for brewing and instead used water. This is boiled and poured over the flour and stirred. It should stand for at least 6 hours or as long as the items to be placed.
Autolysis dough (1 - 1.5 hours)
- Mix the ripe starter with the brew. Mix the other whey (or water) and the spelled flour 1050. Knead until smooth and let stand covered.
Main dough (4 - 5 hours)
- Mix the salt in a little whey and after 1 hour add up to 1.5 to the dough and knead for about 2 - 3 minutes
- Fold inwards every 20-30 minutes for the next 3 hours - ideally with a wet dough card. Carry out the process at least 4 times - better 6 times. Let the dough rest for another hour. The dough should enlarge properly over time. That too depends on the ambient temperature.
- Form a bread on a floured work surface and place in a well-floured proofing basket. Let rest here for another 1 - 1.5 hours.
- During the piece cooking, preheat the oven with the baking stone to 230 ° C for at least 45 minutes. Put the bread on the stone. I only cut once. Then bake for 15 minutes at full heat with steam. Let off the steam and reduce the heat to 210 ° C top / bottom heat and bake for another 35 - 40 minutes.