Carving chicken: Here’s how
Once you have cooked a chicken, you need to divide it into smaller portions. Therefore, proceed as follows:
- Use a meat fork and long knife to carve. If the joints of the chicken cannot be loosened, you will need poultry shears.
- Place the prepared chicken on a clean cutting board. It is best to place the cutting board on a baking sheet. This will prevent the meat juices from spilling out of the chicken and onto the countertop.
- When carving, the thighs of the poultry are first separated. Hold the chicken with the meat fork and use the knife to separate the two thighs down the sides down to the bone.
- Then bend the legs to the side. See the bone, then use the tip of the knife to sever the rest of the leg at the joint.
How to carve the rest of the chicken
Once you have separated the clubs, the next step is as follows:
- Now place the knife in the middle of the breastbone. Using a knife, cut the meat from top to bottom. First, cut the meat over the bones.
- Trim the meat off the bones. Then cut the pieces into slices.
- Then, using the tip of the knife, separate the wings from the chicken body. Also, remove any remaining meat from the chicken bones.
- Serve the chicken on a large platter or on a plate. If you want to warm up the meat, place it in the oven at a low temperature for a few minutes. Then serve the meat with a suitable side dish.