- 4 Egg whites
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Vanilla bean
- 125 g Sugar
- 4 Egg yolks
- 100 g Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 packet Custard powder
- 300 g Sour cherry jam
- 6 sheets Gelatin white
- 0.25 liters White wine
- 100 g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 0.375 liters Cream
- Line a baking tray with greased baking paper. Grease a bowl. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla sugar until fluffy. Beat the egg whites with 3 tablespoons of water until stiff. Carefully fold the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Sift the flour with the pudding powder and the baking powder over the egg mixture and carefully fold in. Spread the dough on the prepared baking paper and bake on the middle shelf for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the sponge cake from the oven, spread with jam, roll up and leave to cool.
- Thinly slice the roulade and line the bowl with it. Some of the roulade is left over for the base.
- Soak the gelatin. Heat the wine with the sugar and lemon juice and dissolve the squeezed gelatine in it.
- Whip the cream until stiff. When the cream begins to gel, fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the wine cream into the mould, cover with the remaining slices of roulade, put in the fridge for a few hours until the cream has set.
- Plunge the Charlotte onto a platter.
Serving: 100gCalories: 271kcalCarbohydrates: 32.6gProtein: 2gFat: 12.6g