for the fricassee
- 400 g Chicken breast fillet
- 1 bunch Green asparagus
- 1 Pcs Green part of a leek
- 150 g Frozen peas
- 350 ml Homemade or instant chicken stock
- Salt pepper,
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch or flour
for the rice
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil or walnut oil
- 1 tsp Madras curry powder (hot)
- 250 g Basmati rice
- 375 -400 ml Chicken stock
- Possibly some more salt
- Remove tendons and skins from the chicken breast fillet, cut into cubes or strips.
- Wash the asparagus, cut off the hard ends, peel the lower third and cut into pieces.
- Clean and wash the leeks and cut across into strips.
- Heat a larger pan, let the oil get hot and fry the chicken breast cubes in a few minutes. Spice up. Take out of the pan. Put aside. Fry the asparagus and leek in the roast. Deglaze with the chicken stock. Let simmer for a few minutes. Knead the butter and flour and stir in. Bring to a boil. Add the meat and frozen peas and heat everything well. Season savory with salt and pepper.
- At the same time, heat the peanut oil or walnut oil in a saucepan. Add rice and curry powder and sweat. Deglaze with the chicken stock, bring to the boil. Reduce the temperature and cook for approx. 10-15 minutes with the lid closed.
- Then arrange it nicely and a very tasty, light meal is ready.
- We liked it very much.