- 250 g Onions (red)
- 400 ml Coconut milk (canned)
- 450 g Spinach leaves (frozen)
- 220 g Chickpeas (canned / jar)
- 220 g Nutmeg (ground)
- Vegetable broth (powder)
- Dice the onions and cook in the coconut milk in a deep pan or saucepan.
- Add the spinach leaves to the onions and thaw, stirring occasionally.
- Season the spinach with salt, pepper, nutmeg and vegetable stock powder.
- Drain the chickpeas, add to the spinach and let everything cook a little longer.
- The chickpea spinach can be served pure or with a side dish. It tastes great on rice or with potatoes or mashed potatoes. With such a side dish, the recipe is enough for 4 people. The main recipe picture corresponds to 1/4 of the amount given here.
- If the liquid in the chickpeas is not too salty, it can be easily processed into vegan "egg whites" and used for baking. 30ml correspond to approx. One egg white. One then speaks of aquafaba. Among my recipes there is a suitable recipe for wonderful Christmas cinnamon stars.