A vegan chili sin carne is a spicy, delicious dish. With us, you will find a recipe that you can modify according to your taste to bring your personal touch to the chili.
The ingredients for your Chili sin Carne
If you want to cook a chili sin carne in a vegan variation, you need the following ingredients for 2 large portions:
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 block tofu (or vegan mince)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small can of kidney beans
- 1 small can of corn
- 400 grams diced tomatoes (tin)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt, pepper, sugar, instant broth, spices to taste
- some olive oil
Prepare vegan chili sin carne
If you have all the ingredients at hand, prepare the Chili sin Carne as follows:
- Finely chop the onion, chili, and garlic. Dice the peppers and tomatoes and drain the kidney beans and corn.
- In a bowl, mash the tofu into small crumbs so it looks like chopped.
- In a large saucepan, add about a tablespoon of oil and cook the onions until translucent, about a minute.
- Add the garlic, chili, tofu, and tomato paste and fry for another minute. If necessary, reduce the heat slightly, as the garlic burns very quickly and then tastes bitter.
- Now add all the remaining vegetables to the pot and fry everything for about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Deglaze the vegetables with a can of tomatoes. Fill half the can with tap water and add this to the pot.
- Season with instant broth and a little salt and pepper, then taste. Tomatoes can taste quite bitter and sour – if that taste is predominant, just add a teaspoon of sugar.
- Now season the chili further to ensure a savory spiciness. Paprika powder, chili flakes, cumin, coriander, and parsley are suitable for this.
- Let the chili simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After that time you can serve. Whole-grain bread or homemade nachos go well with this. If you like, you can put a dollop of vegan crème Fraiche or yogurt on the plate.