- 2 Duck breasts
- 1 tbsp Butter rapeseed oil or other
For the red cabbage
- 0,5 Finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 Sliced apple
- 1 tbsp Vanilla and cinnamon sugar
- Apple juice or water
- Butter rapeseed oil or similar
For the potato and bread dumplings
- 3 Potato bread
- 1 medium Chopped onion
- 30 g Butter
- 200 ml Milk
- Finely chopped parsley
- 1 Egg
- Salt and nutmeg a.d.M
To the red cabbage ...
- 1 .... I already cooked that in the morning so that it goes well. Peel the onion, cut in half and cut into small pieces. Put some butter rapeseed oil or something else in a saucepan and sweat the onion in it. Cut the sliced apple pieces very small with a knife and add to the onions and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the vanilla-cinnamon-sugar. Then add the chopped red cabbage, fill up with apple juice (water is also possible), add salt and pepper and bring everything to a boil and simmer for about 45 minutes. After it was done and ready, I put it on the balcony to pull in until the evening hours. Just let it get hot for dinner.
To the potato and bread dumplings ...
- You can find them in my cookbook - Bread & Buns: My onion - potato buns ... just go for it again ... - I had frozen them, now they have to thaw. Then cut into small cubes and place in a bowl. Sauté the onion with the butter in a pan, taking care not to let the butter turn brown, and
- Pour over the bread cubes. I used the heat of the pan to warm the milk in it, then pour it over the bread cubes and let it soak for about 15 minutes. Now stir in the egg and parsley, add salt and grate the nutmeg, mix everything well and use a spoon to pour the dough into the muffin pan, cover with foil and leave it in at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes
- Oven preheated to 200 degrees, remove the foil after the first 15 minutes and finish baking.
To the duck breasts ...
- Here the timing has to be right ... Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Wash the duck breasts and pat dry with kitchen paper, cut the skin into a diamond shape with a sharp kitchen knife! Caution - do not cut into the meat, otherwise it will get dry.
- Let the butter rapeseed oil get hot in a pan and place the duck breasts skin side first in the fat and fry for a good 3 minutes, salt and pepper from above, now turn the breasts and fry the other side and season the skin side .
- Now place the duck breasts in an ovenproof dish and finish cooking in the oven at 120 degrees. Since we don't like the meat medium, I had the meat in the oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- I had already prepared a sauce and only had to heat it up to eat.
- The plates were preheated, now bring the potato and bread dumplings onto the plate, the red cabbage will certainly find space and then add the duck breast ... and when I write you here that it was so tender and delicious .... then my mouth is watering now - a worthy dinner for the holy occasion - Merry Christmas
- We drank a rosé with it 😉
Serving: 100gCalories: 138kcalCarbohydrates: 4.3gProtein: 3gFat: 12.2g