- 1 small Onion
- 250 g Carrots
- 1 Ginger, walnut size
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 400 ml Vegetable broth
- 100 ml Orange juice
- 100 ml Sour cream
- 100 ml Salt
- 100 ml Espelette pepper
- 100 ml Lime juice
- 100 ml Lime zest
- 100 ml Orange zest
- 100 ml Cream
- 2 tbsp Crayfish meat
the evening before
- Peel the onion and cut into small cubes. Peel the carrots and cut into small slices. Peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Heat a good tablespoon of butter and briefly toss the onions, then add the carrots, ginger and sugar and sweat a little again. Deglaze with the hot vegetable stock and simmer gently until the carrots are soft. Then let the soup cool down overnight.
- Now finely puree the cooled soup. Now mix in the orange juice and the sour cream and season with salt, Espelette pepper and lime juice and put back in the refrigerator. Keep the plate in the freezer.
- Rinse the crayfish with cold water, pat dry with crepe and cut a little (if you don't like crayfish meat, you can omit it, but then season the cream with a little more grated orange peel).
- Add the crayfish (alternatively the orange zest) to the cream and briefly bring to the boil. Then mix very briefly with the hand blender until foam forms.
- Now put the soup in the soup cup, rub some of the lime and orange zest on top and garnish with the cream foam ..... enjoy your meal .....
- This soup also tastes good warm.
- Basic recipe for my "grainy vegetable broth"
- I would be very happy if everyone would leave a nice comment on the recipe. Critical or suggestions are also very welcome, because I only cook with water. The soup connoisseur thanks you in advance.
Serving: 100gCalories: 123kcalCarbohydrates: 6.4gProtein: 2.4gFat: 9.8g