- 1,2 kg Small white cabbage
- 7 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 Pc. Onion
- 3 E Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Caraway seed
- 100 g Kat ham / pork belly
- Wash the cabbage, quarter it and remove the stalk. Either use a sharp knife or a kitchen slicer to cut the cabbage into thin strips (1 - 2 mm). Peel and finely dice the onion, stir together with 4-5 teaspoons of vinegar and the caraway seeds in a small bowl. Dice the ham / pork belly and fry briefly.
- Place the strips in a large bowl, pour 3 - 4 tablespoons of vinegar over them, as well as 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat the cabbage vigorously with both hands for 10 minutes until a milky juice has formed. Kneading destroys the cell structure and makes the cabbage softer,
- Add the sauce and the ham / pork belly to the cabbage and mix everything well. Let it steep for a good 2 hours. Season to taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- The coleslaw will keep for about 1 week in a food storage container with a lid.
Serving: 100gCalories: 62kcalCarbohydrates: 5.2gProtein: 2.8gFat: 1.8g