- 2 Pc. Onions
- 200 g Sweet potatoes
- 200 g Carrots
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 100 g Creme fraiche Cheese
- 1 Pc. Dried chilli pepper
- 600 ml Vegetable stock
- 200 ml Cream
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 200 g Wholemeal rye flour
- 800 g Wheat flour type 550
- 680 ml Lukewarm water
- 20 g Yeast fresh
- 4 tsp Salt
- Steam the onions in the butter until translucent. Add the potatoes, carrots and the vegetable stock and simmer for approx. 15 minutes until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and puree everything together. Season to taste with the spices.
- Mix the cream with the fresh ginger and whip until stiff. Add a teaspoon of ginger cream to the soup and serve hot.
- For the dough, mix both types of flour and the crumbled yeast as well as the salt with 680 ml of lukewarm water.
- Then knead all the ingredients into a yeast dough and place in a large bowl. Cover and let rise at room temperature for three hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 250 ° C (top / bottom heat). Wet the work surface or dough mat with a little water and carefully place the damp dough on it.
- Do not knead the dough anymore. Divide into three equal portions with slightly moistened hands.
- Carefully pull out each portion of dough, each strand of dough should be around 35 cm long. Moisten your hands again and again. Shape three long breadsticks in this way.
- Finally, turn the breadsticks several times in order to get the typical root shape.
- Place the shaped loaves on the existing baking sheet with enough space between them and bake for 30 minutes.
Serving: 100gCalories: 76kcalCarbohydrates: 3.3gProtein: 1.5gFat: 6.3g