- 4 Tbsp (heaped) Corn starch (e.g. Maizena)
- 1 Egg, size S
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1 Pri Salt
- 2 tbsp Fresh celery leaves, alternatively flat leaf parsley
- Sunflower oil for frying
- 1 pinch Nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 pinch Pepper, black, fresh from the mill
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp Spring roll sauce ala Sanur Beach
- 4 tbsp Apricot jam, (for children)
- Flowers and leaves
- Strain the corn kernels well. Beat the egg and whisk well with sugar and salt. Mix in the corn flour. Add cornmeal or drained flake, depending on its swelling capacity. There should be a well inert fluid. Mix in the corn kernels. Wash the fresh celery, remove the stems and the leaves that are not in perfect condition. Roughly chop the leaves and mix in. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes. Shape 4 buffers and place on an oiled plate. Garnish the serving bowls.
- Heat a pan, add 4 tablespoons of the sunflower oil and let it get hot. Gently push the buffers into the pan and fry until light brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper, place in the serving bowls and add the sauce or jam, serve and enjoy warm as a side dish or snack.
- Spring roll sauce ala Sanur Beach see: Spring roll sauce ala Sanur Beach