- 500 g Onions (roughly chopped)
- 2 Pc. Clove of garlic
- 1 Discs Fresh ginger
- 1 Discs Salt, pepper, paprika powder
- 1 liter Poultry stock (if possible self-cooked)
- 2 Screw caps Brandy
- Goose fat as required
- 2 Teaspoon. Cornstarch (to bind the sauce)
- 3 Pcs. Rolls (from the day before)
- 2 Pc. Eggs
- 1 Piece Onion, diced
- 2 piece Bacon (black smoked diced)
- Grated nutmeg or mill as required
- Salt + pepper
- Chives finely chopped to your liking.
Preparations. For roasting the goose breast
- Preheat a casserole, the oven to 140 ° and place the poultry in a small position. For the broth, chicken and onions, bring the spices to the boil and let them simmer slowly, and if necessary the goose breast can be poured with them.
- Fry the goose breast without fat, on the skin side until crispy, this causes the goose fat to escape, I skim it off and set it aside. Now add the coarsely chopped onions and place the goose breast on top with the skin side up. Add the garlic + ginger, pour in the broth and slowly fry in the oven at 140 ° in the middle. Pour the broth over and over again. It should stay in the oven for a good 2 1/2 hours
Prepare the bread dumplings
- Rolls, remove the rind, cut fine slices. Pour some hot milk over them. Put a lid on so the steam stays in the bowl and the bread rolls are well softened. Then fry the onions in small cubes with a little black bacon in a pan, pour over the soaked bread slices. Mix together, grated with the eggs, chives, nutmeg, salt and pepper, mix well. Set aside to taste.
Finish the goose breast
- Detach the goose breast from the breast bone. Place on a tray or wire rack. Boil the bone with the chicken broth (please remove the onions and reduce the spices), remove the bone and bind with the starch, finally stir in the brandy, that brings the shine to the sauce, if you like you can stir in a little goose fat that brings the Taste. Incidentally, a pinch of sugar too. (Or a slice of apple)
- The dumplings can now be put in the hot salt water, please do not boil. for 20 min. During this time the goose breast briefly under the salamander (or grill), the skin will be crispy, cut slices with the electric knife, serve. If you like and have, a red cabbage (red cabbage) goes well with it. Well, enjoy your meal.