Cut the shallots correctly: A guide
The mild yet sweet aroma of shallots is in demand as an ingredient in almost every classic dish or extra such as a homemade salad dressing. So that cutting the noble onion does not cause any problems, we have prepared a simple guide for you:
- First, grab a small knife and use it to cut away the base of the shallot and the base of the shallot.
- At this point, you can already remove part of the peel before you peel off the rest of the peel with your fingers.
- Then take a larger knife and cut the onion in half lengthwise.
- Now carve the halved shallot several times lengthwise until just before the base of the root.
- Then cut the shallot half horizontally and cut the onion crosswise into thin slices. Finally, fine cubes are formed.
- If you’re still having trouble chopping your shallots evenly, you can use a handy vegetable cutter.