Dumplings – what with that? Hearty dishes
If you would like to serve the dumplings as a side dish, try the following hearty suggestions:
- Vegetarian: Prepare a delicious mushroom stew with seasonal mushrooms. Porcini mushrooms, chanterelles, or button mushrooms, for example, are suitable here. With cream sauce and dumplings, the dish tastes delicious and is also suitable for vegetarians.
- The classic: Serve the dumplings with juicy roast pork and gravy.
- Asia style: Roll the dumplings in grated coconut and prepare dumpling skewers. Serve the skewers with a sweet and sour sauce or a curry mango sauce.
- In the oven: Prepare a casserole of dumplings, carrots, kohlrabi, and other vegetables of your choice.
Sweet variants: dumplings for dessert
Dumplings not only go well with hearty dishes, but they are also a good basis for a sweet dessert.
- With fruit: fill the dumplings with strawberries and serve the dessert with a delicious strawberry sauce. Alternatively, e.g. plums are also suitable.
- With cinnamon and sugar: Prepare a sweet dumpling dough and enrich the dish with sugar and cinnamon.
- Mozartkugel: Fill each dumpling with a Mozartkugel. Sprinkle crushed pistachios over the dumplings.