Easter cookies come in a variety of shapes and flavors. With these five delicious recipes, we will show you how to make your family and friends happy at Easter.
Pretty Easter pastries: delicious rabbit biscuits
The bunny biscuits not only look super cute, but they also taste delicious and are easy to make.
For the cookies you need:
250 grams of wheat flour, 125 grams of softened butter, 75 grams of sugar, 1 teaspoon, 1 packet of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar, 1 egg, and a pinch of salt.
You will also need colorful sprinkles, jam, and sugar sticks to decorate, and Easter cookie cutters to cut out.
- First, mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and mix everything on the highest level of your mixer.
- You should now knead the smooth dough on a surface.
- Then wrap the dough in cling film and place it in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Shortly before the time is up, preheat the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out thinly on a floured surface. Then cut out the cookies with your cutters.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until golden brown. After that, you should let the cookies cool down.
- When it comes to decoration, you can let your creativity run free. You can coat the cookies with chocolate, sprinkle them with sprinkles or paint them with sugar writing.
Delicious Quark Bunnies: Fluffy & nutritious
The quark bunnies are easy to prepare and are perfect as pastries for Easter.
You will also need bunny cutters for this recipe, but these should be larger than cookie cutters.
For the dough you will need:
200 grams of low-fat quark, 80 grams of sugar, 50 milliliters of milk, 1 egg, 100 milliliters of vegetable oil, 400 grams of flour, 20 grams of baking powder, 1 packet of vanilla sugar, and a pinch of salt.
After baking, you will also need 75 grams of butter, 80 grams of sugar, and 1 packet of vanilla sugar.
- First, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough except for the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Then add the salt, flour, and baking powder and knead everything with a dough hook until the dough is smooth.
- Then continue to knead the dough with your hands on a floured surface.
- Now roll it out thinly and cut out your shapes. Then place the molds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Then brush the bunnies with melted butter and bake them in the oven for about ten minutes. When they’re golden brown, they’re done.
- Then butter the bunnies one more time and immediately place them in the sugar and vanilla sugar.
- You should then let the rabbits cool down and eat them as soon as possible, as they dry out quickly.
Simple yeast braid: The classic for Easter
The yeast braid is a very common pastry for Easter and can be eaten with many different spreads.
For a yeast plait you need:
250 milliliters of milk, 65 grams of sugar, 375 grams of flour, half a cube of yeast, 50 grams of butter, 1 egg, and a pinch of salt.
You also need some milk to coat the braid and some granulated sugar for sprinkling.
- First, warm the milk. Then place the flour in a large bowl and make a small indentation in the center of the flour.
- Now crumble the yeast into the well and mix the yeast with some sugar and 3 tablespoons of milk. Let this rise be covered for about 15 minutes.
- Then knead the remaining milk with the egg, flour, sugar, and salt for about five minutes. Then gradually add the butter and continue to knead the dough until it is uniform and smooth. Then let the dough rise for about an hour.
- Then divide the dough into three equal parts and let them rise again for ten minutes. Then flour your work surface and form a roll of dough about 40 centimeters long from each piece of dough.
- You can now braid your yeast braid from these rolls. This must then be placed on a baking tray lined with baking paper and left to rise for another 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C for a fan oven. Coat the plait with a little flour and sprinkle with granulated sugar before baking in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown.