- 20 Elderflower
- 2 liter Water
- 1800 g Sugar
- 40 g Citric acid
- 2 Lemons organic
- 2 Oranges organic
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 5 Stems Fresh thyme
- • The elderflower umbels should be fully ripe, that is, the flowers should be open but not yet fall off too easily or even be brown.
- Shake off the cones a little to get rid of any vermin.
- Put the water, sugar and citric acid together in a saucepan and stir.
- Wash the lemon and oranges with hot water, then cut them into pieces or slices.
- Cut lemon pieces, orange pieces, vanilla pod into pieces, add thyme sprigs and elderflower to the pot and stir in.
- Now cover the whole thing and let it stand for 2 days at room temperature. Stir every now and then.
- Then bring to the boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Then pour through a sieve with a cheesecloth and put back in the saucepan.
- Bring to the boil again, then fill into bottles. Close these tightly.
Serving: 100gCalories: 193kcalCarbohydrates: 46.8g