There are different types of enchiladas recipes. Here you can decide according to your preferences and taste. Choose ingredients that are as fresh as possible and let your imagination run wild. In our recipes, we will show you how to conjure up enchiladas.
1. Classic recipe for enchiladas
For classic enchiladas you need the following ingredients: 1 clove of garlic, 1 onion, 1 can of kidney beans, 400 g chicken breast fillet, 6 tortillas, 1 jar of pickled jalapeños, 250 g grated cheese, 25 ml olive oil, 500 ml enchilada sauce, salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika powder.
- Fry the diced chicken breast fillet in olive oil along with the diced onions and garlic. Season the meat with spices.
- Spread the tortillas with the enchilada sauce. Top with the jalapeños, the drained kidney beans, the fried chicken, and the cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas and place them in a greased casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake the enchiladas at 180 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then sprinkle the enchiladas with chopped parsley if you like.
2. Enchiladas with mince filling: vegetable mince variant
Ingredients: 30g flour, 30g butter, 300ml milk, 200g cream, pepper, salt, grated nutmeg, 100g cheddar cheese, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 onion, 300g mixed minced meat, 1 packet of frozen vegetables, 3 tbsp tomato paste, chili flakes, 6 tortillas.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Sweat the flour in it. Deglaze the roux with the milk and cream. Bring the sauce to a boil and let it simmer over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Season with spices.
- Peel the onions, and dice them, as well as the garlic. Grate the cheese.
- Fry the minced meat in olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and sauté them. Then add the frozen vegetables.
- It is best to use a Mexican mix or Mexican-style vegetables for this.
- Let the ground beef and vegetable mixture simmer for a few minutes. Then add the tomato paste, 150 ml water, and 50 g cheese. Season everything with salt and pepper.
- Spread the minced meat and vegetable mixture over the tortillas. Roll them up and place them in a casserole dish. Pour in the sauce and sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Bake the enchiladas at 200 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Vegetarian enchiladas: zucchini and tomato variant
Ingredients: 2 courgettes, 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tin of tomatoes, salt, pepper, ground cumin, 1 bunch of coriander or parsley, 2 tbsp jalapeños, 1 tin of corn, 1 tin of kidney beans, 200 g of feta cheese, 8 tortillas.
- Wash and trim the zucchini. Dice them up. Mix with 0.5 teaspoons of salt. Clean the onions and garlic. Roll both.
- Mash half of the washed cilantro along with the onions, jalapeños, tomatoes, and garlic. Flavor the mixture with the spices.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Rinse the beans and drain them along with the corn.
- Place the zucchini filling on the tortillas along with the beans, corn, and drained zucchini and roll them up.
- Put them in a casserole dish.
- Spread the sauce over the tortillas along with the feta cheese. Bake the enchiladas for 15 minutes.