For the dough
- 250 g Flour
- 125 ml Water
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 Red pepper
- 2 small Sucuk or chorizo sausages
- Bbq sauce (Bulls Eye)
- 1 Red onion
- 2 small cups Creme fraiche Cheese
- For the dough, mix the salt, flour and oil in a bowl. Then gradually add the water and knead the dough well for a few minutes. If you feel that the dough is getting too wet, don't add any more water. If it is too dry, always add a teaspoon of water. When you have received a smooth dough, cover and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can wash the peppers, core them and cut them into large cubes or pieces. Remove the skin from the sausage (if present) and cut into slices. Peel and halve the red onions and cut into half rings or large pieces.
Make tarte flambée
- At this point you should preheat your oven to 250 degrees top and bottom heat. Take the batter out of the bowl and cut it in half. If you prefer to get 4 smaller tarte flambée instead of 2 very large ones (see picture), you should quarter the dough now. Transfer half (or quarter) to a floured work surface and roll out the tarte flambée thinly. That way it will be nice and crispy. Carefully lift the tarte flambée onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush it generously with creme fraiche and pour a few dabs of BBQ sauce on it. Then top the tarte flambée with sucuk or chorizo, red onions and peppers as desired. Put the baking sheet in the hot oven for 5-7 minutes. Be careful not to burn the tarte flambée. Bon Appetit!
Serving: 100gCalories: 343kcalCarbohydrates: 72.3gProtein: 10gFat: 1g