Effective weight loss with the help of environmentally friendly natural products is the desire of many followers of a healthy lifestyle. For example, flaxseed oil is an excellent alternative to laxative teas and other products of similar effect sold in pharmacies and used for weight loss.
The composition of flaxseed oil is a serious enough argument to talk about its healing properties and use for weight loss. In addition to containing such vitamins as E, D, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, and B9, flaxseed oil also contains a lot of polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids (35-65%), and in much greater amounts than fish oil. Flaxseed also contains beta-carotene, minerals, tocopherols, macro-, and microelements; calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc, selenium, aluminum, manganese, chromium, nickel, copper, boron, iodine, etc.
Useful properties of flaxseed oil
This composition of flaxseed oil has a beneficial effect on the body as a whole, but to be more specific, the list of positive results is quite impressive. For example, the use of flaxseed oil activates metabolic processes in the body, cleanses the body of various parasites, reduces cholesterol, strengthens blood vessels and protects against coronary heart disease, acts as a protector against atherosclerosis and thrombosis normalizes the entire digestive function of the body and helps our liver to recover.
Flaxseed oil is very useful for nourishing the brain, as well as giving the skin and hair a healthy appearance and helping to preserve youth.
Flaxseed oil is especially beneficial for the female body – it helps to normalize hormonal levels, and for expectant mothers, its use is useful because it helps the development of the fetus and significantly reduces the risk of any pathologies.
Flaxseed oil is recommended for use:
- For heartburn, constipation, gastritis;
- To improve biliary tract functioning;
- In case of allergic skin diseases (eczema, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis), dry skin;
- To lower blood cholesterol levels;
- To relieve symptoms of menopausal syndrome, prevent the development of osteoporosis, and rheumatoid arthritis;
- To reduce the activity of prostate adenoma;
- For the prevention of breast, colon, and prostate cancer;
- In recovery from strokes, stress, and long-term illnesses.
The use of flaxseed oil for weight loss
Do you want to lose those extra pounds and are very afraid that your skin will sag? This simply won’t happen if you use flaxseed oil for weight loss. A course of weight loss with flaxseed oil allows you to get rid of 2-3 kilograms. Of course, this is not much, but the result can be improved if you stick to a healthy diet and give your body moderate exercise.
How to take flaxseed oil for weight loss and cleansing
Most often, it is recommended to start with one teaspoon of flaxseed oil. After a week, the dose can be doubled. The duration of the course is 2-3 months, after which it is necessary to gradually reduce the use of flaxseed oil to 1 teaspoon and eventually complete the course of intake.
- On an empty stomach in the morning, drink a daily portion of flaxseed oil, and have breakfast a few minutes later.
- 15-25 minutes after dinner, drink the same amount of oil as in the morning.
Flaxseed oil goes well with many foods, so you can add it to any of your favorite foods, use it in the preparation of various vegetable salads, and season cereals with it.
Contraindications of flaxseed oil for weight loss:
Flaxseed oil has no contraindications when consumed in moderation. However, it is highly undesirable to use flaxseed oil for weight loss and cleansing if:
- You suffer from gallstone disease, biliary tract diseases, chronic pancreatitis, and hepatitis.
- You are taking antiviral drugs and antidepressants.
- You are undergoing treatment with anticoagulants.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
How to choose and store flaxseed oil correctly
When buying flaxseed oil for weight loss, pay special attention to its expiration date. The bottle should be dark in color. This is important because the light should not penetrate the bottle. Choose cold-pressed oil. Store flaxseed oil on the side door of the refrigerator at a temperature of at least 5-9 degrees. The main thing is that the oil should not freeze or be exposed to light.