For the marinade:
- 80 g Rice noodles, dried, (Bihun, Superbihun)
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil, light
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce, light (e.g. King Lobster)
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce, sweet
- 3 tbsp Sambal Bangkok ala Siu
- 5 medium sized Shiitake mushrooms, dried
- 120 g Water
- 1 tsp Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
- 40 g White cabbage, fresh
- 40 g Carrot, fresh
- 2 Hot peppers, red, long, mild
- 4 small Tomatoes, fully ripe
- 20 g Almonds, peeled
- 2 small Chillies, green or red, fresh or frozen
- 20 g Ginger, fresh or frozen
- 4 medium sized Cloves of garlic, fresh
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 0,5 tsp 5 spice powder, China
- Rest of the marinade, (see preparation)
- Mushroom broth, (see preparation)
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine, (Arak Masak)
- 1 tsp Tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp Orange juice
- 1 tsp Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
- Almonds, peeled
- Flowers and leaves
The pork tenderloin:
- Freeze the fresh fillet tips, allow frozen food to thaw. Cut across the grain into approx. 4 mm thick slices. Chop the slices to a size of approx. 3x4 cm. Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a sufficiently large bowl, add the fillet tips and mix well. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 4 - 5 hours. Mix every now and then.
In the meantime, the mushrooms:
- In the meantime, heat the water, dissolve the chicken stock in it and soak the shiitake mushrooms for 40 minutes. Squeeze the broth from the mushrooms and keep ready with the rest of the soaking water. Roughly chop the caps of the mushrooms (6 pieces per cap), discard the stalks.
In the meantime, the pasta:
- Thoroughly rinse the pasta twice with water at an interval of 5 minutes and lay them ready. After 30 minutes, fan out the pasta package.
In the meantime, the vegetables:
- In the meantime, only use flawless leaves for the vegetables for the white cabbage. Wash the leaves. Only use the middle rib if it doesn't taste bitter. Try at the bottom. Cut the rib crosswise into approx. 2 cm long pieces, chop the leaves into approx. 4 x 4 cm pieces. Wash the carrot, cut off both ends, peel and slice it into approx. 3 mm thick slices with a corrugated plane. Wash the fresh, red peppers, remove the stems, cut diagonally into pieces approx. 6 mm wide and leave the grains as they are. Wash the tomatoes, remove the stems, peel them, quarter them lengthways, remove the green stalk and the grains.
In the meantime, the spices:
- For the spices, wash the small, green chillies and cut them crosswise into thin slices. Leave the grains and discard the stems. Wash and peel the fresh ginger, cut across into pieces approx. 4 cm long. Cut the pieces lengthways into thin slices and cut them into strips. Work the strips crosswise into small cubes. Freeze unused cubes. Weigh frozen goods and allow to thaw. Cap the garlic cloves at both ends, peel them and press them through a garlic press. Toast the coriander seeds in a small pan without oil until fragrant. Remove from heat immediately, let cool and grind finely.
The marinated fillet tips:
- Strain the marinated fillet tips. Mix the remaining marinade with the mushroom broth and the remaining ingredients to deglaze.
- Heat a wok, add the two oils and let them warm up. Add the fillet tips and stir-fry for 2 minutes at high heat. Remove the pieces with a sieve ladle. Fry the mushrooms together with the spices and vegetables, without adding the tomatoes, for 2 minutes. Add the loosened noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute. Then add the mixture together with the tomatoes to deglaze and stir-fry for another minute.
Garnish and Serve:
- Add the fillet tips, fry briefly and immediately distribute on the serving plates, garnish and serve warm.
- A special sambal is served on the Lombok and Bali Lesser Sunda Islands.
- Kecap Tim Ikan: Kecap Tim Ikan - a mild, dark, malty-spicy soy sauce Sambal Bihun Lombok 1 Sambal Bihun Lombok 1