Pasta and vegetables:
- 120 g Fusilli, dried
- 350 g Water
- 8 g Mushroom bouillon, grainy
- 5 leaves White cabbage
- 1 Zucchini, green
- 4 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 500 g Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Herbal mix, Italy, frozen or dried
- 200 g Mongoose seedlings, fresh
- 2 Hot peppers, red, long, mild
- 1 Hot peppers, green, long, medium hot
For the sauce:
- 6 small Onions, red
- 3 medium sized Cloves of garlic, fresh
- 1 smaller Chilli, green, fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 100 g Bacon, lean, smoked
- 100 g Orange juice
- 100 g Noodle broth, (see preparation)
- 100 g Sour cream
- 3 Eggs, size M
- 200 g Mozzarella, coarsely grated
- Salt and pepper, black, fresh from the mill
- 1 tbsp Sugar, white, fine
- Lettuce leaves, green, in the picture Lollo bionda
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Mongoose seedlings
- Flowers and leaves
- Grease a baking dish with butter or margarine. Heat the water, dissolve the mushroom bouillon in it and cook the fusilli according to the instructions on the package for minus 3 minutes. Strain and keep the broth.
White cabbage and zucchini:
- Blanch the cabbage leaves for 4 minutes, separate the midrib and cut across into thin slices. Line the mold with the white cabbage. Wash the zucchini, cap both ends and cut across into 6 mm thick slices. Dust the cut surfaces with flour. Heat the sunflower oil, fry the courgettes until light brown on both sides and layer them in the baking dish.
- Remove the stalks from the tomatoes, wash them, peel them, quarter them lengthways, remove the green and white stems and remove the grains. Put the strained fusilli in the tin, cover with the tomato quarters and sprinkle with the herb mix. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Mung seedlings and hot peppers:
- Wash the seedlings in the sieve, drain well, sort and distribute in the mold. Wash the peppers, remove the stem, slit open lengthways on one side, remove the grains and the light-colored partitions. Cut diagonally into thin threads and sprinkle over the seedlings.
- Chop the onions, garlic and chilli into small pieces. Fry in sunflower oil until the onions are translucent. Add the bacon and fry until fragrant. Deglaze with the orange juice and remove from the heat. Beat the eggs and whisk. Mix all ingredients homogeneously and pour evenly over the vegetables in the dish.
- Place the tin on the middle rails in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
In the meantime:
- Garnish four plates with lettuce, tomatoes and seedlings.
Serve and enjoy:
- Quarter the casserole in the dish and distribute on the serving plates, serve and enjoy.