Ingredients for vegan ghee
The original ghee is based on butter and is therefore not vegan. For vegan ghee, you need the following ingredients.
- Two guava leaves
- A pinch of ground turmeric
- 125ml coconut oil
- 5-6 curry leaves
- A pinch of salt
Preparation of the vegan ghee
You can make vegan ghee from the ingredients mentioned as follows.
- Heat the coconut oil to the smoking point over medium-high heat, then turn off the stove.
- Crush the guava and curry leaves with your hands and add them to the hot oil with turmeric and salt.
- Let the mixture stand for about an hour.
- Filter the leaves out of the oil again by pouring them through a sieve.
- Now your vegan ghee is ready. Pour it into a glass and let it cool down.