Healthy fast food: making chips healthier
Chips are a universally popular snack on the sofa or at a party.
- Healthy chips are hard to find in stores. When you make your own party snack, however, you have many options.
- Because packaged food often contains preservatives and other additives, such as flavor enhancers.
- This ensures that you can eat not just a chip, but half the bag.
- As you know, chips are made from fried or baked potatoes. In principle, you don’t need more for this delicious snack.
- Grab your grater and simply cut the potato into thin slices, with the skin on if you like.
- Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the potato slices on it.
- Prepare a tasty marinade for the chips using your choice of oil and spices. Then spread this on both sides of the potato slices.
- Now the whole thing only has to go in the oven for about 15 minutes at 200°C.
- Depending on the oven, the chips can also be ready earlier. So keep checking back from time to time.
- By the way, you can also make chips from other ingredients: Zucchini chips are particularly interesting for low-carb diets and can also taste really delicious with a little parmesan.
Healthy Fast Food: The perfect on-the-go snack
Fast food is especially popular with people without a lot of time. With a little preparation, you can not only save money but also do something good for your health.
- There are many different types of on-the-go snacks. In principle, these only depend on what you like and how hungry you are.
- A really great snack is a simple fruit salad. You can prepare this at home and simply take it with you in a lunch box.
- If your lunch box is multi-layered, you can also store the fruit salad in the upper tray and a small main course in the lower one.
- This way you won’t get hungry on the go and save a lot of money.
- For the fruit salad, simply mix and match the types of fruit you like. A mixture of apple, banana, and grapes is very popular.
- The best thing to do here is the regional and seasonal variety.
- You can also add nuts for an extra crunch. These contain healthy fats and also fill you up.
Make healthy burgers yourself
You’re probably familiar with the situation: that burger you ate at a fast food joint 15 minutes ago only appeased your hunger for a short time. That’s because most fast-food burgers are really just fat and sugar. The nutrients are neglected here.
- The solution to this problem: is homemade burgers. They taste cold when you’re out and about, but can also be warmed up in the office.
- To make a burger healthy, you just have to pay attention to a few small things.
- The bun should be made from whole wheat flour. This contains many nutrients that are lost with white flour.
- Additional grains and seeds on the burger bun are of course always a very healthy and nutritious addition.
- The traditional sesame seeds can also remain on the bun.
- It is best to choose meat that is as low in fat as possible.
- Minced beef steak or turkey or chicken are ideal for your burger. Alternatively, you can omit the meat entirely and instead fry a vegetarian meatball (e.g. based on oatmeal) yourself.
- You are actually free to choose the rest of the toppings. A Hawaiian burger with delicious pineapple and chicken is just as possible as a simple burger with ground beef.
- Of course, lettuce and vegetables are important: A few green leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and other vegetables make your fast food much healthier.
- However, be careful with the dressing: ready-made dressings usually have an unnecessary amount of sugar and are therefore not very nutritious.
- Simply mix your own dressing – for example, from natural yogurt, mustard, and tomato paste. With other spices and ingredients, you can conjure up your own individual fast food.