Hearty onion cake from the tray
- 470 g Wheat flour 550
- 300 ml Buttermilk
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 tsp Salt
- 75 g Raw cane sugar
- 60 g Butter at room temperature
- 60 g *Weizensauerteig selbstgemacht
- Potato starch for dusting
- 500 g Onions
- 500 g Red onions
- 2 tbsp Clarified butter
- 200 g Bacon cubes
- 4 Size M Eggs
- 200 g Sour cream
- 1 cups Cream
- 2,5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Whole caraway seeds
- Nutmeg to taste
- Take a mixing bowl / food processor and add all the ingredients one at a time. Knead the whole thing into a firm dough. Then take it out and place the dough on a floured work surface. Knead with clean hands, shape and return to the bowl.
- Now cover, place in a warm place and let rest / rest for about 12 hours. Halfway through, remove the dough and place it back on a floured work surface. Here pull and fold the dough once. When the entire time is up, take a baking sheet and line it with baking paper.
- Put the proofed dough on the baking sheet and roll out the dough so that all corners are distributed with the dough. Then pull up one edge all around. Dust the bottom with potato starch to taste. Now you cover the whole thing with a cloth and let it rest / walk for another 12 hours at room temperature.
- Now prepare the topping for the dough. Peel the two types of onion and slice them with a slicer, set aside for a moment. Now put the eggs in a bowl and stir until frothy. * Sour cream - made easy and add the cream, stir. Season with salt, gourmet pepper, caraway seeds and nutmeg to taste.
- Take a pan and add the clarified butter, heat it up. Add both types of onion slices one after the other and sauté in them. Also add the bacon cubes and sauté. Then remove from the stove and let cool down a bit, then add to the egg mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees top / bottom heat. Remove the cloth from the dough and distribute the entire mass / topping evenly on it. Then push the entire tray into the preheated oven and let it bake at this temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Then the temperature is reduced to 180 degrees top / bottom heat and baked for another 30 minutes. After baking, the onion cake can cool down. Who likes to serve it freshly warm or let it cool down.