Herb bags are suitable as a fragrant sleep aid and can keep bugs away. If you fill the self-sewn sachets not only with aromatic medicinal plants but also with sea salt, you can put the sachets in the bath water, where the rising aromas will unfold their beneficial effect.
Required materials for the sachets
In addition to a little patience and dexterity, you will need the following things:
- Fabric remnants (tulle, lace, fine linen, or cotton. The fabrics should not be too thick so that the essential oils can dissolve)
- Pretty, not too wide straps
- Matching sewing thread
- Dried herbs
- Neutral bath salt
- pinking shears
- Hand-sewing needle or sewing machine
Production of the sachets
Even beginners on the sewing machine or children can easily sew the bags together. Alternatively, you can stitch the bags together by hand:
- Cut the fabric into squares or rectangles with pinking shears, depending on your preference. A size between 10 x 10 and 20 x 20 centimeters is ideal. You need two cut parts for each bag.
- If you wish, you can embellish them with embroidery or decorative stitches.
- Place two parts right sides together and sew them together on three sides.
- Hem the top edge narrowly.
- Fill the sachet with herbs and bath salts.
- Close tightly with ribbon.
- If you would like to give the sachet as a gift, attach a tag on which you write down the ingredients and the possible use.
- If you don’t like sewing, you can fill the herb mixture with sea salt in ready-made organza bags and close them with a pretty satin ribbon.