Homemade wheat sourdough
- 50 g Starter culture - sourdough made from rye flour
- 100 g Whole wheat flour / or whole spelt flour
- 300 ml Whole milk (organic) lukewarm
- 200 g Wheat flour 550 / or spelt flour 1050
- In this re-breeding I used whole wheat flour instead of whole spelled flour and decided on a mild variant by replacing whole milk (organic) instead of water!
- First you put the whole wheat flour in a glass. Then pour in the lukewarm whole milk (100 ml). Finally, add * Starterkulter - sourdough made from rye flour and stir it into a pulp with a plastic spoon. You put a lid on it loosely or you cover the glass with cling film. The whole thing is left to stand / rest at room temperature for about 6 hours.
- After the 6 hours are over, continue as follows: Take a new glass and add 100 grams of wheat flour 550, add another 100 ml of whole milk. The sourdough obtained from the 1st section is about 250 grams and add this as well.
- Mix everything again to a pulp, cover and this time stand / let rest for 8 hours at room temperature.
- After the 8 hours are over, work one last time as follows: Now the wheat flour 550, i.e. 100 grams, is taken one last time and put back into a new, clean glass. Add the lukewarm whole milk again.
- From the 2nd section you take the sourdough, which should now weigh about 450 grams, and add it to the other ingredients in the glass. Mix everything to a pulp again and cover, let stand at room temperature for about 12 hours. Then the "homemade wheat sourdough" is finally ready to use!