For the broth:
- 8 small Onions, red
- 3 medium sized Cloves of garlic, fresh
- 4 small Chilies, green, fresh or frozen
- 4 medium sized Tomatoes
- 40 g Ginger, fresh or frozen
- 4 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 500 g Coconut water
- 200 ml Coconut milk, creamy (24% fat)
- 2 tbsp Honey, dark
- 4 tbsp Fish sauce, light
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce, (Saus Tiram)
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 Rods Lemongrass, fresh
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp Cut celery stalks, fresh or frozen
- 4 tbsp Peanuts, blanched, roasted and salted
For the deposits:
- 2 Hot peppers, red, long, mild
- 1 medium sized Paprika, green
- 700 g Sweet potatoes, (see note)
- 250 g Mushrooms, small, white-capped, (canned goods)
- Cap the onions and the cloves of garlic at both ends, peel and halve lengthways. Wash the small, green chillies, cut into thirds crosswise, leave the grains in place and discard the stem. Wash the tomatoes, remove the stems, cut in half lengthways and remove the green stem. Halve the halves lengthways and crossways. Cut the fresh, washed and peeled ginger crosswise into thin slices. Weigh frozen goods.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a pan. Add the onions, garlic cloves and the chillies. Stir the pan until the onions are translucent, add the tomatoes and ginger and fry for 3 minutes.
Deglaze and puree:
- Deglaze with the coconut water and add all the ingredients for the broth up to and including the lime juice. Mix well, simmer for 5 minutes. Then let it cool down a bit. Put in a blender and puree for 1 minute at maximum speed. Put together with the coconut milk in a 3 liter casserole.
Lemongrass to celery:
- Wash the fresh lemongrass, remove the hard stalk at the bottom, remove the brown and withered leaves and only use the white to light green parts. Cut this into pieces approx. 8 cm long. Remove the outer, green leaves if necessary. Tap the bottom half of the pieces with the back of the knife. The stems should look oval, but remain intact.
- Wash the kaffir lime leaves and use them whole. Wash the fresh celery, shake dry and pluck, chop and freeze the flawless leaves. Cut the leafless and flawless stems crosswise into approx. 3 mm wide rolls. Take the appropriate amount. Freeze unused stems as rolls. Weigh frozen goods and allow to thaw.
- Add all ingredients from honey to peanuts and cook for 10 minutes.
In the meantime:
- Wash the vegetables, cut the red peppers on one side, remove the seeds and cut across into thin threads. Clean the peppers, peel the sweet potatoes and cut everything into bite-sized pieces. Rinse the mushrooms, drain well and cut lengthways into slices.
Complete the goulash:
- Add the sweet potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir every now and then. Add the remaining deposits, simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with fish sauce.
Serve and enjoy:
- Put the finished goulash in a terrine, serve with toasted white bread and enjoy.