For the mushrooms:
- 2 medium sized King oyster mushrooms, approx. 300 g
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 4 g Mushroom bouillon, grainy
- 2 Pinches Nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 pinch Pepper, black, fresh from the mill
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce, (Saus Tiram)
- 50 g Water
- 1 tbsp Lime juice, fresh
- 2 tsp Tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine, (Arak Masak)
- 2 medium sized Cloves of garlic, fresh
- 2 tbsp Celery leaves, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp Spring roll sauce ala Sanur Beach
For the fried potatoes:
- 3 medium sized Potatoes, waxy
- 3 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 medium sized Onion, brown
- 80 g Smoked meat, streaky, diced
- 1 tbsp Oregano, dried
- 1 pinch Rosemary, dried
- 1 pinch Sage, rubbed
- Salt and black pepper, fresh from the mill
- 1 medium sized Tomato
- Flowers and leaves
The king oyster mushrooms:
- Clean the king oyster mushrooms, optionally generously separate the mycelium-substrate mixture at the lower end. Cut the mushrooms into bite-sized pieces. Melt the butter in a Dutch oven and fry the mushrooms in it. Add the mushroom bouillon and fry for 3 minutes on a reduced heat. Stir in nutmeg and pepper.
- Mix the oyster sauce with the water and the lime juice, deglaze the mushrooms with it and keep warm with the lid. Dissolve the tapioca flour in the rice wine, press the garlic cloves, mix the finely chopped celery leaves and the spring roll sauce and keep them ready.
The fried potatoes:
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them crosswise into 6 mm thick slices. Fry the slices with the sunflower oil in a pan. Cut the onion into medium-sized pieces and add to the pan with the smoked meat. Fry with the lid on over a medium heat, turning occasionally, until the potato slices get light brown spots. Mix in the spices and keep warm for 5 minutes on a reduced heat.
Garnish, serve and enjoy:
- To garnish, wash the tomatoes, quarter them lengthways, remove the core and cut the quarters into small cubes. Bring the mushrooms to the boil, stir in the rice wine mixture and let it thicken. Arrange the mushrooms and fried potatoes on the serving bowls, garnish with the diced tomatoes, serve and enjoy.
Serving: 100gCalories: 17kcalCarbohydrates: 2.6gProtein: 1gFat: 0.2g