For the roasted beet tartare:
- 3 Pc. Rack of lamb
- 8 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 Pc. Sprigs of thyme
- 3 Pc. Rosemary sprigs
- 1 Pc. Garlic cloves
- 1,5 tbsp Vegemite
- 3 tbsp Barley malt extract
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Cup Salted macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp Salted butter
- 5 Pc. Beetroot
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Cup Macadamia nuts natural
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 400 g Fresh goat cheese roll
- 100 g Arugula
For the sweet potato fries:
- 5 Pc. Sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Sweet paprika
- 0,5 tsp Garlic powder
- 0,5 tsp Onion powder
- 2 l Fat for deep-frying
For the shallot and red wine sauce:
- 10 Pc. Shallots
- 1 l Red wine
- 250 ml Balsamic vinegar
- 500 ml Vegetable broth
- 5 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Cold salted butter
- Parry the rack of lamb and vacuum seal each one individually with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper and 2 sprigs of thyme. Preheat the Sousvider to 50 ° C. Put the rack of lamb in the water bath and cook in the water bath for at least 2 hours (better 3 hours).
- Take the rack of lamb out of the sousvide and remove the vacuum wrapping. Let the rack of lamb rest briefly.
- Heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 to 2 sprigs of rosemary and a crushed clove of garlic in a pan. Sear the lamb whole on all sides. Finally, reduce the heat and add 1 tablespoon of salted butter.
- Take the rack of lamb out of the pan, wrap it in aluminum foil and let it rest briefly. For the lamb marinade, mix 3 tablespoons of barley malt extract, 1½ tablespoons of Vegemite and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Finely chop 1 cup of salted macadamia nuts. Cut the rack of lamb into lamb chops, turn in the marinade and then in the chopped macadamia nuts.
- Roast the 5 beets in a saucepan for about 45 minutes until the beets are soft. The prayers should be turned from time to time. Let the beetroot cool down a little, peel and dice.
- Add 6 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper to the beetroot, mix and marinate for at least an hour. Roughly chop 1 cup macadamia nuts and roast in a pan.
- Then caramelize the nuts in 3 tablespoons of maple syrup. Finely chop 100g rocket. Cut or crumble 400g goat cheese or feta into small pieces.
Sweet potato fries:
- Wash the 5 sweet potatoes, cut in half lengthways and cut into approx. 5 mm thick slices. Mix the sweet potato slices with 1 teaspoon flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and a little pepper.
- Put the cooking oil in the deep fryer and heat it to 140 ° C. Pre-fry sweet potato slices for 8 minutes.
- Drain the excess oil and place the sweet potato slices on kitchen paper to cool. Heat the deep fryer to 190 ° C. Fry the sweet potato slices at 190 ° C for 3 to 4 minutes.
Shallot and red wine sauce:
- For the shallots and red wine reduction, quarter 10 shallots. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan and fry the shallots in it. Caramelize the shallots in 5 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Then deglaze everything with a liter of dry red wine and reduce to half. Add ½ liter of vegetable stock to the red wine reduction and again reduce to half.
- Add 1/4 liter of balsamic vinegar to the red wine reduction and allow it to be reduced by half again.
- Season the reduction with salt and pepper and thicken with 1 tablespoon of cold butter.
- In the middle of the plate, use a serving ring to layer rocket, marinated beetroot, goat cheese and caramelized macadamia nuts.
- 3 to 4 lamb chops per plate drape around the beetroot tower. Also serve the sweet potato fries and drizzle with the shallot and red wine reduction.