Lemon cake without sugar – that’s what you need for the recipe
You can replace sugar with other sweet ingredients when baking.
- For the dough, you need 300 grams of wholemeal or spelled flour. Also, have a packet of baking soda and a pinch of salt handy.
- The cake becomes moist with 125 grams of butter and 125 ml of milk.
- Eggs belong in cakes. For the lemon cake, you need two of them.
- Of course, you need lemons for a lemon cake. Use the juice and grated zest of two lemons.
- 30 dates provide the necessary sweetness.
This is how the cake works
Before preparing the dough, preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Put the dates in a blender and puree the fruit very finely.
- Then stir in the milk, butter, and egg yolks. Then add the juice and zest of the lemons.
- Mix flour and baking powder and stir in both.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Then carefully fold it into the batter. Then the cake will be nice and fluffy.
- Fill the dough into the baking pan and it can go in the oven.
- The lemon cake takes between 60 and 70 minutes in the oven. After about an hour, you can use the swab test to check if it’s done.