For the marinade:
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 l Buttermilk
- 1 bottle Chicken Wing Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- For the breading:
- 150 ml Milk
- 2 Pc. Eggs
- 250 g Breadcrumbs
- 100 g Flour
- 250 g Cornflakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Chic wings are a must in the USA at any Super Bowl! But the delicious finger food made from chicken wings is also a classic of American fast food culture. Chicken wings come in different variations. The recipe presented here is like KFC and has a crispy breading. Other variants, such as the Buffalo Wings, are only briefly turned in flour and then fried directly. Only then are they coated with a spicy marinade. However, it is more common: First place in a marinade and then deep-fry.
- Alternatively, they can of course also be enjoyed on the grill or in the oven. How long the chicken wings have to stay in the oven depends entirely on their thickness. In a preheated oven, however, they should be ready after 20 minutes.
- In this recipe, the chicken breasts are first placed in buttermilk before they are later breaded with a breadcrumbs and corn flakes mixture and then fried. An alternative is a marinade with honey, for example.
- The chicken breasts should no longer be frozen so that they can be cut easily. If you are vegan, you can use cauliflower instead of chicken and enjoy a delicious teriyaki marinade!
And this is how it is done:
- Mix the buttermilk, Chicken Wing Hot Sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Put in the chicken wings and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Crush the cornflakes for the breading.
- Whisk milk and eggs in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, flour, crumbled cornflakes, salt and pepper.
- Heat the deep fryer to 175 ° C. Alternatively, heat cooking oil in a large saucepan.
- Pull the chicken wings through the milk and egg mixture and then through the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place the breaded chicken wings one after the other in the deep fryer and bake for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown.